Sunday, January 28, 2007

n more thoughts...

Is it that the human mind can never be satisfied and happy?
If things are working out in one sphere of our lives, we look for more reasons to be unhappy about somewhere else. Work’s going fine, Wow! What can I worry about now?? Oh, yes, we haven’t bought a house as yet! Need to re do the furnishings, get a new car!
After we have screwed up ourselves financially, we start looking at our relationships. Be it with our partners, loves, friends, parents, whoever happens to be giving us even a little bit of stress in our lives currently.
And if we don’t find somebody, we go back to when someone did actually hurt us and stress about that, or, if we were the one to have done something, we stress about how matters could have been different.
Personal, financial, professional, studies, sexual, whatever you can think of, we have a problem with it at every stage of our lives. If we don’t have one, we create one. Does it make us feel more important? To what are we actually searching answers for? What is the ultimate goal? Can we ever be satisfied with what we have? Can we ever be really happy, without needing
psychological support of our problems to prop us up? Without needing others to define what we are and what we do?
This is not philosophizing, but the questions I keep asking myself, especially because I keep going through this cycle myself. Sometimes it just plain feels like petty issues running after things and never being happy and accepting what we have and can do. But then, I always come back to the fact that if we didn’t have a goal to reach for, we would never try to go beyond
what we can do, what we can believe in…

Think I just sound silly….

I wish I had an answer to what I want in my life and not keep running away.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Your writing amaze me, they seem to be the exact reflection of whats going on in my mind, thoughts that I never been able to jot down...
These posts make me introspect, inspire me, make me feel less lonely but most of all it makes me feel more connected to you even though we haven't met for ages... Seems like I know you more through your blog..;)
NEVER STOP WRITING!!